“Remove the leaves from the woody stem of Rosemary plants to make compostable Kebab sticks."
August Garden Care
SOW: Lettuce, mustard, rutabaga and green onions.
PLANT: Late summer herbs and veggies in pots in the sun using Cedar Grove Potting Soil.
PLANT: Butterfly attractors like lavender in Cedar Grove Booster Blend.
TRIM: Dying foliage on tomato plants so their energy can be concentrated on the fruit.
POLLINATE: Slow developing vegetables like eggplants by using a small paint brush to move the pollen from flower to flower.
HARVEST: Everything, go on and reap the rewards!
HOT TIP: Remove the leaves from the woody stem of Rosemary plants to make compostable Kebab sticks.
- August Garden Care
- June Garden Care
- May Garden Care
- April Garden Care
- Winter Gardening Tips
- Gardening in Fall
- Gardening in August
- Gardening in July
- Growing Up with Trellises
- Growing Potatoes
- Spring Gardening: Preserving Your Greens
- We recently received a package in the mail with biodegradable packing peanuts. The note in the box say it is 100% biodegradable in the presence of microorganisms. Can we put these in our yard waste for collection here in Seattle?
- "What kind of soil would you recommend for my new raised vegetable bed?"
- "How long does it take to make compost from start to finish?"
- I know Cedar Groves Booster Blend is a mixture of compost & manure, is it safe to use in my vegetable garden?