“Sowing carrot seeds with flowering annual seeds will keep away carrot flies."
April Garden Care
Sometimes it’s difficult to know when and where to plant what, and how to care for your garden. We’ve asked the experts and come up with the following tips & tricks.
SOW: Start tomatoes, peppers, celery and broccoli indoors.
PLANT: Lettuce, peas, potatoes and carrots in Cedar Grove Vegetable Garden Mix.
BANISH: Slugs & snails by creating a barrier of coffee grounds, around 3/4 inch high around the plants.
AMEND: Keep soils healthy with regular amendments of Cedar Grove Compost for healthy plants.
HARVEST: Mustard greens, beans, and beets.
TOPDRESS: Lawns with Cedar Grove Lawn Performance Blend to enhance water retention and keep your grass nice and green.
HOT TIP: Sowing carrot seeds with flowering annual seeds will keep away carrot flies.
- April Garden Care
- Winter Gardening Tips
- Gardening in Fall
- Gardening in August
- Gardening in July
- Growing Up with Trellises
- Growing Potatoes
- Spring Gardening: Preserving Your Greens
- We recently received a package in the mail with biodegradable packing peanuts. The note in the box say it is 100% biodegradable in the presence of microorganisms. Can we put these in our yard waste for collection here in Seattle?
- "What kind of soil would you recommend for my new raised vegetable bed?"
- "How long does it take to make compost from start to finish?"
- I know Cedar Groves Booster Blend is a mixture of compost & manure, is it safe to use in my vegetable garden?